Find a place to stay and all the best things to do.
A few places to look for more opinions and ideas about Woomelang as your holiday destination:
Check out the Woomelang page on the Wimmera-Mallee Tourism site
And then there’s the Woomelang page on the Yarriambiack website…
Looking for a place to live?
Check out our Real Estate page – click the link on the menu bar at the top of every page.
Where to stay?
- Lions Caravan Park – FREE camping in town with shower and toilet block and 2 powered caravan sites, on the corner of Gloucester Ave (Sunraysia Highway) and Proctor Street – see the map.
- Cronomby Tanks – FREE camping at the Cronomby Tanks Recreation Precinct, enter from CronombyTanks Road – see map.
- Accommodation in a local house with great amenities, close to everything; click here for details.
- The Woomelang Hotel – check their page for contact details.
Minapre Hotel, Lascelles – see below for the link.
Where’s the RV Dump Point?
It’s in the Combine Corner complex – enter from Myall Street behind the Multi-Purpose Centre, drive straight ahead and it’s on your left. https://goo.gl/maps/yXnfZPM1cST2 will give you a map for directions.
Where to eat?
Woomelang General Store and Café – take-away or eat in during opening hours; sit-down home-cooked meals Friday evenings from 6pm.
The Woomelang Hotel – lunches from Wednesday through Sunday, dinner Thursday through Sunday.
Minapre Hotel, Lascelles – Pizza available seven days a week; home-cooked tucker most nights.
What’s to see and do?
Cronomby Tanks Precinct
– FREE camping, fishing, walking and general recreation!
The Kerosene Tin Shearing Shed
-Wartime shortages at their best, a shed made of kero tins.
Woomelang Swimming Pool
– The only place to be on a hot summers day – pack a bbq tea and enjoy the free facilities. $3 pp entry.
Woomelang Vintage Machinery Day
– Late February/early March – see the Bulldog tractors in all their glory! Click here for the 2013 pics.
The Annual Flower Show
– Hosted by the local CWA and school Parent’s and Friends on the 3rd Thursday in October, a fine example of the local talent.
What’s around the town?
Jump on to the Shire map to see where we are in relation to other places – or scroll down a little bit to look at the town map.
Thanks to the Shire of Yarriambiack for allowing us to use their map of Woomelang – use it to get an idea of where things are. Nearly everything is within walking distance – and it’s a terrific way to keep fit!
Our surrounding areas
Click on the small map to see it at full size, and see where we are in relation to everywhere else.